Baby Swimming Roadmap
You want your kids to learn to swim but don’t know where to start? As with many aspects of parenting it can all look a bit daunting at first. Get some tips to that will have you and the kids splashing around in no time!
Be aware of the facts as most of us spend our summers around the water. Whether it’s at the beach or by the pool, it’s smart to make sure babies and toddlers learn basic water skills as early as possible. Remember that adult supervision is always required around water.
No matter the swimming occasion, babies love to play and have fun in the water. However little accidents can be a big embarrassment, so Huggies Little Swimmers® swimpants contain unwanted surprises, giving you the freedom to enjoy the water with your little one, no matter what the swimming occasion.
Lots of parents have common questions, and the information you're after may be right here! Please start by visiting our Little Swimmers FAQ.
World Wide Swim School
World Wide Swim School is one of the world’s first online swim schools. It is designed for parents and swimming instructors to use as an online learning tool to teach children of all ages to learn to swim. They have over 40 years of swimming teaching experience and the swimming information is produced by Laurie Lawrence, an Aussie! Laurie is a water safety advocate, infant aquatics pioneer, learn to swim expert and gold medal Olympic swim coach. Who better to teach your kids?
The World wide swim school offers lessons for babies that are 4 months old, all the way to children who are 5. The online swimming lessons are unique in that they:
- Integrate baby’s physical, social and emotional needs into the swimming lessons
- Pre-Conditions baby for submersion, by teaching them to respond (hold their breath) to verbal triggers
- Teaches baby to swim without the assistance of floatation devices
- Encourages baby to be independent in and around water at the earliest possible age
- Teaches baby safety skills that may one day save their life
World Wide Swim School in using Laurie’s methods has broken each stroke down into basic learning components, demonstrating how to progress beginner learners into efficient swimmers. Laurie also believes there are other excellent reasons for getting your child into the world wide swim school early, as it will:
- Teach children a respect for the water making them less likely to wander into dangerous situations
- Improve children’s physical development, coordination, health, fitness and muscle tone
- Build children’s independence, confidence and social skills
- Teach children a love of the water – a gift for life
- Teach children water safety skills which may one day save their life
Lessons range in price but are normally around the $100 dollar mark, this may seem expensive, but you can use the same swimming lesson repeatedly (32 times to be exact). You also get a precise breakdown about what every lesson entails and there are free samples so you can try the program before buying it. World Wide swim school is designed for:
- Busy parents with home pools
- Rural/remote parents with limited access to quality instruction
- Swimming teachers who wish to enhance their knowledge
- Swim school operators wanting to educate staff
World Wide Swim School has been recognised by Swim Australia and AUSTSWIM as a quality professional development program. Therefore, swimming teachers can use the interactive learning programs for upgrade professional development points.