Tweezing your eyebrows
- Eyebrow brush
- Eyebrow pencil
- Make sure you stand in front of a well lit mirror
- Brush your brows so they lie smooth. This will help remove dead skin or excess make-up.
- Place a warm to hot flannel on your face, this will open your hair follicle making it easier to tweeze.
- For sensitive skin, rub an ice cube on the eyebrows and the area around it. This will numb the skin slightly and will make tweezing comfortable.
- Using the tweezers start by removing the hair between your brows first.
- Make sure to pull hair out in the direction of growth.
- Take the brow pencil, and lay it at the side of the nose, up and down (vertical). Where the pencil touches the inside end of the brow, make a small dot with your brow pencil. That will be where you tweeze hair, beyond the dot to the area between the brows.
- Next, take your pencil and lay it at an angle to run along the outer edge of your eye. Make another small dot where the pencil meets the brow. Tweeze any hairs beyond that point out.
- When removing hair from your eyebrow focus on one eyebrow at a time.
- Tweeze from the bottom of the natural hairline, just above the eyelid.
- Check your work frequently. Lean back, look at the eyebrows from different angles and make sure it looks the way you want. Continue plucking a little bit at a time until you get the desired result.
For more information see Magical makeovers for mums or Parenting.